I feel like I’m watching an ongoing rerun of the story of Adam and Eve, and the Fall of Man. I have this image in my head that there are many seemingly important issues calling out for our attention and devotion, which are not from God, and are not part of God’s will for those who claim to be in relationship with God. I see many people fully engaged in these issues, even Christians. We all have a choice what to focus our attention on. It doesn’t feel to me that these issues actually warrant the attention, time, and resources of the Christian community. The message of the story of Adam and Eve is how humankind, initially in relationship with their Creator, turns away from God and towards other things which are not meant to have our attention; things that were not intended for our consumption - things that ultimately lead to humankind's separation from God. (Public domain) Is not the story of Adam and Eve the story of all of us? Who can say they haven’...
Comments
Post a Comment